Trump talks to Zelenskyy of Ukraine after Putin rejected the 30 -day fire plan

Trump talks to Zelenskyy of Ukraine after Putin rejected the 30 -day fire plan

President Donald Trump talks with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Wednesday while conversations continue to try to end the Russia-Ukraine war.

The call was running from 10:38 am et, according to the White House Cabinet Deputy Director Dan Scavino.

His conversation occurs a day after Trump could not persuade Russian president Vladimir Putin to accept a high total fire proposed by the United States and backed by Ukraine, although Putin according to stop the attacks against energy infrastructure.

Zelenskyy told the International Chief of ABC News James Longman who had a conversation with Trump about the “details” of a high partial energy fire.

“We have always supported the high fire position and not to use weapons against energy infrastructure, and we have also supported the position of not attacking naval corridors,” said Zelenskyy.

The Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, listens while the Finnish president addresses his joint press conference at the presidential palace in Helsinki, on March 19, 2025.

Heikki Saukkomaa/Magazine/AFP through Getty Images

But Russia and Ukraine continued exchanging strikes after Tuesday’s developments. The Ukrainian authorities reported an attack with unmanned planes in a hospital, while Moscow said Ukraine hit an oil deposit center.

The actions led Zelenskyy to say “only a real cessation by Russia of attacks against civil infrastructure as evidence of a desire to end this war can bring peace closer.”

Wednesday’s call is the first between Trump and Zelenskyy since his Oval office clash last month, in which Trump accused the Ukrainian leader of not being ready for peace and not having any cards in negotiations.

President Donald Trump and the president of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, meet at the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, on February 28, 2025.

Saul Loeb/AFP through Getty Images

After tense weather, the Trump administration cut military assistance and the exchange of intelligence to Kyiv. However, these tools were reinstated after Ukraine agreed a 30 -day truce during conversations with senior US officials in Saudi Arabia last week.

See also  Judge blocks the dismantling of the Office of Financial Protection of the Consumer, orders the restored employees

Trump had expressed his optimism before his call with Putin that there would be a good possibility of success in ensuring the high fire of one month. But then, in an interview with Fox News presenter, Laura Ingraham, Tuesday night, Trump admitted it that “it would have been difficult.”

The Kremlin said after Tuesday’s call that in terms of the high the fire of one month, Russia “identified a series of important problems related to guaranteeing effective control over a possible fire throughout the entire contact line.”

In addition, he said that a key condition to end the war would be the total “cessation” of military assistance and intelligence for kyiv.

“Today, Putin effectively rejected the proposal of a complete fire.

“Sanctions against Russia. Assistance to Ukraine. Strengthening allies in the free world and working towards security guarantees. And only a real cessation of strikes on civil infrastructure by Russia, as proof of their will to put an end to this war, can close peace.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *